Skip to main content

life lessons

      Everything in life can teach you something if you let it. It is always useful to look at things from a new perspective. And what it teaches you can be something simple, but something you needed to recognize. Many people have showed me many different things. Like how important justice alongside mercy is, or how "being real and saying it to your face" is not the same when you never actually say it to their face, or being respectful also means not always saying what you're thinking because, even if it's true, it's disrespectful. There are so many things to learn in life and it's time we fully grasp that and begin living life in a way we ought to. :)



"A wise man once said nothing." ...
(unknown)

"You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry." ...
(Abraham Lincoln)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

today is the day

Today is the day. Today is *your* day. Try something new, go on an adventure, stretch out your muscles, achieve a new goal, write a story, read some poetry, drink some hot tea... the possibilities are endless! Sometimes life happens to you and sometimes you make life happen. So, today, make life happen for you. "maybe it won't work out. But maybe seeing if it does will be the best adventure ever." ... "I will never apologize for being me. You should apologize for asking me to be anything else." ...

1 Year = 365 Opportunities

    Wow. It is officially 2017. How crazy is that?! I'm excited about it being a new year. I know there is no set rule to when you can set goals for yourself, but there is something exciting about starting a new year with goals and waiting to see them completed by the next year. I have a few 'New Year Resolutions' and I'm really excited, to be honest. I think it will be wonderful looking back on how I started 2017 and then how I'm going to end 2017! "If you want 2017 to be your year; don't sit on the couch and wait for it. Go out. Make a change. Smile more. Be excited. Do new things. Throw away what you've been cluttering. Unfollow negative people on social media. Go to bed early. Wake up early. Be fierce. Don't gossip. Show more gratitude. Do things that challenge you. Be brave." ... "It's not what you are that is holding you back. It's what you think you are not."... "You are your only limit." ... "Gr...

fear

Let's talk about fear. Fear is not of God. "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind" 2 Timothy 1:7 We need not be afraid when God is on our side. When He is the One fighting for you, you will win! Doubt and fear will try and creep into your mind, and when they do, you need to rid yourself of those thoughts. They are from the devil. Just a little thought I wanted to share tonight. :)