Skip to main content

so many books so little time

     I've said this before but I'm going to say it again: I love to read. It's such a simple pleasure in life! I have been trying to read more lately because before Christmas I wasn't getting much reading in, and I'm still not reading as much as I would like, but I found myself getting busy with work and CLEP stuff, and not reading. So, the week before Christmas I decided to read A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, because, I mean, it's A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens! What better reason than that?? Also, this past year I read The Old Man and The Sea and fell in love with Hemingway's writing style, which means that I requested some of his works for Christmas and received The Sun Also Rises and For Whom The Bell Tolls. I've finished The Sun Also Rises & just recently picked up For Whom The Bell Tolls. I didn't start FWTBT right away because I wanted to space out my Hemingway novels, for some reason, and so I started A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain. What an odd book is all I'll say! I love the original idea behind it but some of the details ended up making me unsatisfied. Anyways, my current reading situation is on the mend and hopefully this will be my most successful year yet reading wise!


"Reading is important, because if you can read, you can learn anything about everything and everything about anything." - Tom Depaola

"In the winter she curls up around a good book and dreams away the cold."

"Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are." - Mason Cooley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

today is the day

Today is the day. Today is *your* day. Try something new, go on an adventure, stretch out your muscles, achieve a new goal, write a story, read some poetry, drink some hot tea... the possibilities are endless! Sometimes life happens to you and sometimes you make life happen. So, today, make life happen for you. "maybe it won't work out. But maybe seeing if it does will be the best adventure ever." ... "I will never apologize for being me. You should apologize for asking me to be anything else." ...

1 Year = 365 Opportunities

    Wow. It is officially 2017. How crazy is that?! I'm excited about it being a new year. I know there is no set rule to when you can set goals for yourself, but there is something exciting about starting a new year with goals and waiting to see them completed by the next year. I have a few 'New Year Resolutions' and I'm really excited, to be honest. I think it will be wonderful looking back on how I started 2017 and then how I'm going to end 2017! "If you want 2017 to be your year; don't sit on the couch and wait for it. Go out. Make a change. Smile more. Be excited. Do new things. Throw away what you've been cluttering. Unfollow negative people on social media. Go to bed early. Wake up early. Be fierce. Don't gossip. Show more gratitude. Do things that challenge you. Be brave." ... "It's not what you are that is holding you back. It's what you think you are not."... "You are your only limit." ... "Gr...

fear

Let's talk about fear. Fear is not of God. "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind" 2 Timothy 1:7 We need not be afraid when God is on our side. When He is the One fighting for you, you will win! Doubt and fear will try and creep into your mind, and when they do, you need to rid yourself of those thoughts. They are from the devil. Just a little thought I wanted to share tonight. :)